The O’Hara Student Center houses Pitt’s Math Assistance Center and Writing Center. In addition, the building provides meeting and activity space for student organizations.
The elegant three-story building, designed in Romanesque Revival style, opened in 1913 to house the Concordia Club, a private social club whose members included many of Pittsburgh’s leading Jewish residents. In the face of declining membership and a cash shortage, club members voted in 2009 to approve the sale of the building to Pitt. Following a renovation and preservation upgrade, the University reopened the building as a student center in April 2011.
3900 O'Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15260