Learn how to deal with intellectual property issues, including:
- Developing an IP strategy (do you always need that patent? are you patenting new IP?)
- What are copyright, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets
- How to protect your company's IP
- How not to infringe on another's IP
- How to handle IP created by class projects when one or more students want to pursue commercialization
- How to handle IP created by your employees, including non-compete clauses
- What to expect after filing a patent (time and expenses)
- Tips on searching the US Patent Office database
This seminar is part of our Start Smart Series hosted by the University of Pittsburgh's Innovation Institute, CMU's Project Olympus, and Pitt School of Law's Innovation Practice Institute. The series is year-round, free, and open to the public, and meant to provide legal education to entrepreneurs. Please check our site for more seminars!
Thursday, March 7 at 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.