Becoming a Trans Knowledgeable Provider
This conference will focus on the behavioral health care needs for transgender persons and best practices, including adaptation of a minority stress framework in clinical practice, best practices for working with transgender person, and the relationship of family.
- At the completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss recent academic research for serving the mental health needs of transgender population.cccc
- Demonstrate skills and increase confidence for providing mental health services to the transgender individuals
- Describe the medical transition process
- Recognize community supports and coordination of care needs for transgender individuals.
Learn more about the conference and register
- UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Department of Psychiatry
- Office of Educational Resources and Planning
- Community Care Behavioral Health Organization
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion, University of Pittsburgh
Monday, August 12 at 8:30 a.m.
4227 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260